2023-24 School Supplies List
Please keep in mind that all items will be shared with the full class. Students will not maintain personal school supplies. If a student is unable to bring supplies, we will ensure they have all they need.
*Please note that all PreK 3 and PreK 4 students will have rest time every day and should bring a blanket or nap mat with them every week. It will be sent home each weekend to be laundered.
This schedule is a general guideline for how your student's day is spent at Winn Montessori. Times for many periods will vary among grade levels and even from class to class.
*Only K-5 students attend music, art and PE
**All PreK students have rest time in the afternoons.
Please adhere to the arrival procedure in the morning to keep traffic moving and allow students to be in the building when learning begins.
Please adhere to the dismissal procedure to keep traffic moving and ensure all students are reunited with their families in a timely fashion.
All Winn students receive free breakfast and lunch. Students set their tables during these meals and serve each other food from communal dishes in their classrooms as a part of the Montessori curriculum.
- The menu can be viewed on the School Cafe site.
- Students are encouraged to eat school meals but may bring a healthy meal from home if they wish.
- AISD food service is able to accommodate a wide variety of allergies and sensitivities. Visit the AISD food allergies and special diets page for more information.
- Because lunch is such an important time for building classroom community, we will only allow families to eat with students on special campus occasions.
- Students should also bring a water bottle from home every day. Snacks are acceptable but must be healthy.
- Please DO NOT send treats to class on your student’s birthday. Instead, we celebrate each birthday with a special, Montessori-inspired activity in the classroom.
To report an absence, download and fill out the report an absence form. Once completed, please send it to school in your child’s backpack, drop it off at the front office or email it to Ms. Maria, our registrar. If there is a medical excuse, please include a doctor’s note. Keep in mind that absences are a major factor in student success.
- Our principal will send out a monthly email as well as regular updates via email/text as needed.
- The school calendar contains all important dates. Consider subscribing to add it to your personal calendar.
- Class Dojo is the campus platform for classroom-level communication and your student’s guide will invite all families to the platform at the beginning of school.
- Please contact your student’s guide directly if you would like to meet. All conferences and meeting times must be scheduled ahead of time. We look forward to meeting with you!
- Please give staff members 24 hours to respond to calls or emails. If you have any urgent needs, please call the front office.
- Don’t forget to follow Winn Montessori on Twitter and Facebook and join the Winn Montessori Families group on Facebook.
Winn Montessori is a homework-free school. Students are encouraged to read each evening at a grade-appropriate level.
Winn Montessori uses a Standards-based Grading Rubric for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. Report cards at the end of each nine-week grading period indicate each child's progression on grade-level TEKS-based standards in the language of instruction.
The scale grades are each assigned a percentage for purposes of report cards.
A student's reported grades in each academic subject do not paint a full picture of their progress. Each guide will share comments on a caregiver conference form using a Montessori rubric to give an overall skills assessment. Students in dual-language classrooms will be evaluated in their preferred language.