Campus Advisory Councils are committees of parents, students, business and community representatives, teachers, principals, and other campus staff. The formation of CACs is required by state law (Texas Education Code, §11.251).
Specific functions of CACs include providing review and comment on:
Campus Educational Program
Campus Improvement Plan
Campus Staff Development Plan
Campus-Level Waiver Requests to the State
The mission of CACs is to promote excellence in education for all students through broad-based representation. CACs provide valuable input to principals, who ultimately have decision-making responsibility for their campuses.
- More information regarding Campus Advisory Councils (including how to join Winn’s) can be found on AISD's CAC page.
- If you have any questions about Winn Montessori's CAC, please contact Alejandra Lucio, co-chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about CACs in Austin ISD, please contact Stephanie McGraw in Governmental Relations & Board Services at email@example.com.
- Past agendas and meeting minutes can be found in this archive.
- Please check the school calendar for upcoming meetings!